How to Schedule Yourself to Referee in Region 69
1. Register yourself on the scheduling website (a different registration than with AYSO or with Region 69)
The scheduling website is http://www.cgisports.com/ref/2131
Clicking on the "Please register now" link.
The registration page asks you for these required fields indicaed by a *:
AYSO ID Number (this is available on www.eayso.org and is required to complete this screen)
First and last names
Desired username and password (PWD can be changed later)
AYSO badge level (Regional, Intermediate, etc..)
Child(ren)'s team number(s)- eg select from list. U10G12 for an Under 10 Girls team #12
Multiple teams can be entered by holding the CTRL key down (MAC users hold the Apple Key) and selecting multiple teams.
"Comfort level" by division both as an AR and as a Center Ref
Home telephone and address
Provide a User name and a password for the referee scheduling website.
User name and passwords are case sensitive
2. Once registered you will be able to schedule yourself for games as a center referee, an assistant referee or as a mentor (if approved by the RRA)
3. To see those games, log onto the web-site using your user name and password (did I mention they are case sensitive?).
The first page you will see is a welcome screen inviting you to select options with which to search the schedule.
Modify Your User Profile League Home
You can search the schedule by selecting a division or date
The schedules do not show coaches names, so in the field marked coach enter a team number in this format: U10G07.
4. When you click the button "View Records," the available games that meet your search parameters will be displayed. The following illustration shows what the results of a search might look like:
This is how your search results are displayed
You can sign up for any game as a center referee, AR1, AR2 ,or Mentor (if approved by RRA).
DO NOT SIGN UP TO DO YOUR OWN CHILD'S GAME!
BE VERY CAREFUL TO CHECK THE TIME AND DURATION OF THE GAME YOU WANT SO THAT IT DOES NOT CONFLICT WITH YOUR OWN KID S GAME.
BE SURE TO CALCULATE DRIVING TIMES BETWEEN FIELDS.
5. Click the radio button next to the position you desire. As you click - the word ADD will appear in those slots.
Once you make your request, your name will show up in blue ink on the next page, and on the schedule if you or others search on that game.
6. Your request will be reviewed and approved by a Division Referee Captain or Referee Administrator.
When it is approved, you will receive an email confirming your assignment.
Your name on the schedule will also change colors, from blue to bold black.
If for some reason, your request is disapproved, your name will be erased and you will receive a call or email from the captain or administrator explaining what was done and why.
7. The system will credit each of your player's teams with the games you referee, assuming that you listed each of those team numbers correctly when you registered on the scheduling website.
This software also keeps a log by referee showing all the assignments you have done. We suggest you keep your on log to confirm ref points.
If you do not receive emails confirming your assignments, you did not provide your correct email address when you registered on the scheduling website.
8. If, after you submit a game request, an emergency arises and you cannot do a game which you requested, it is your responsibility to find a replacement.
Up to 48 hours prior to the game you can drop the game using the same procedures described above.
First, look to the referees working the games just before and just after the game you cannot do.
Only after doing that, contact the appropriate Divisional Referee Captain and let them know your situation.
The email addresses of all the DRC's are listed on the scheduling websiet as well as on the Region 69 referee website. (Ref TEAM)
If you learn that you cannot do a game after Noon on Thursday, tcontact your ref captain ASAP.
Now, here are some guidelines and important facts for you to know:
Be careful about not scheduling yourself to do your own child's game.
If you do fill in for a no-show, you must contact your DIVISION REF CAPTAIN (see Ref TEAM) to let us know that you actually did the game and who was the no-show. We can change the schedule after the fact so that the correct referee and his team get credit for the game. Remember you only get credit you have already signed up to referee / assistant that day.